Summer. It’s hot. As I like to refer to the heat, it’s “nuclear death” outside.
Winter. It’s cold. The air smells nice and crisp. Ahh, how I love winter.
I am much more of a fall/winter girl. I love the cold. I love the smell of fireplaces. I love the snow. I love everything about winter. The only thing summer is good for is the fun things that can only happen during those short summer months, like playing in the pool and summer vacations. So while I long for the days of cool temperatures and snowflakes, these are…
1. Sit outside, soak up the sun and play in the pool. We have already done this several times, but we never get tired of it. And when I say soak up the sun, I mean put on spf 1000 to prevent sunburn on our albino skin. It is so fun to watch these little buddies play in the water. My friends little boy, Caden, is way more enthusiastic about the water, but Eli usually warms up to it after awhile.
2. Take Eli to play with horses. Thank goodness for amazing friends! While we were out bike riding the canyons on our anniversary, Eli was with his buddy Caden and his parents playing with horses and tractors! And he loved it! My sweet friend Julie and her family have land and horses and she has invited us to come out and play! After we return from St Louis in a couple weeks, we plan to set up a play date! Mommy is super excited because mommy looooove horses and its our dream to own a few someday.
3. White Water Rafting. Those same amazing friends that watched Eli for us on our anniversary will be joining us on a white water rafting trip later this month!! I have never been and I am soooo super excited!
4. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. 2 years ago when we were in Orlando, it hurt me. I was pregnant and couldn’t ride anything (well, at least anywhere else other than Epcot). So I didn’t get to see the Harry Potter World. You may recall how much I love the Harry Potter books. So this year, this muggle is going to Universal Orlando to visit Hogwarts. Cannot.wait.
5. Take Eli to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I know he would love it so while we are in Orlando, we plan to go to the Animal Kingdom! In August, my little family will be taking a week and half vacation with my parents to Orlando. It’s going to be such a blast!