Last week, we talked about bringing peace to others in time of hurt. Today I want to ask you: how do you find peace in everyday life?
I love that verse. Jesus doesn’t promise our life will be all sunshine and lollipops. He straight up tells us we will have trouble. He is quite direct and to the point! In this world, you will have trouble. It’s not a matter of if; it’s a matter of when. We live in a fallen and broken world. (okay, that’s not why I love this verse…)
But take heart!
That’s why I love it!! Do you know what that phrase means? It means be encouraged, to have hope, to have confidence, and to have courage.
He tells us to take heart because He died with his arms wide open on a cross…for us! He came to this world for us! It is only through Him that we may have eternal life. Through His death, He has already overcome the world. And someday, He will return.
We have a choice. We can either trust in Him and know that He will help us overcome whatever situation we are in, or we can simply give up and fall victim to Satan’s lies.
[Tweet “No matter what situation you are in, God wants you to embrace His peace.”]
How exactly do you take heart though?
- You pray unceasingly from your heart. (1st Thessalonions 5: 17- Pray without ceasing.)
- You put all of your trust in Jesus. (Psalm 31:14 – But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.”)
- You study His word. (2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 – All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.)
- You worship. (Psalms 29:2- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.”)
- You seek Godly counsel. (Proverbs 19:20- Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.)
Allow God to invade your everyday life and be with you in every moment. Praise Him while you clean the dishes. Pray while you fold laundry. Have a worship dance party in your living room with your 3 year old (this is a daily occurrence at our house!) Listen to an audio bible while you drive. Do a bible study with a friend. Read a christian book. Surround yourself with friends that are brothers and sisters in Christ. In all that you do, take heart!
What are some other ways you “take heart?” Share in the comments!
This is a part of a series. Here’s what you’ve missed!
Saying Goodbye to Unhealthy Fear
Hand Over the Keys to your Heart
Stephanie, I love your post on “Taking Heart”. I feel that I have been struggling and need to do just what you said in my every day life. Thanks!
I love your blog….So I came back to browse around and see what I have missed!
zAN recently posted…Goals Update, February 2014