It’s been 3 months since my last post. That is probably the longest stretch of “no blogging” I have had in the past few years since I began this journey of sharing my heart online. I’ll be honest…it hurt me a little!
These past few months have been crazy!
- Our mountain home became the vacation destination for our family and friends! We absolutely loved having guests all summer!
- I became the Women’s Ministry Coordinator at our church! This is a new adventure that I am so thrilled to be on. I look back at the past few years and see how God has been preparing me for this role.
- I officially became a homeschooling momma this August. We are loving it, and you will see alot more on the blog about this new part of our world.
- I have been taking courses all summer to better equip me to serve you. My desire for this blog is to encourage you and bring you closer to our Savior. I have been taking classes to help grow this ministry, and I am so excited to be relaunching my blog!
- Recently, I had a major health scare. Last September, I suffered a severe head injury. After the amazing birth of my sweet baby girl in December, I thought I was in the clear. But in January, I began getting headaches on a nearly daily basis. The dizziness returned in July. I had an MRI in August, and it was confirmed that I did not have a mass! However, 3 short weeks ago, I had a serious health scare. I had a seizure. From what we can tell so far, it is a result of my head injury. Because it is related to my head injury, the likelihood of it reoccurring is high. I have since had an EEG, and I have been put on seizure medication. I go back to the neurologist in October to evaluate the seizure medication. It is making me so fatigued that I can’t hardly stand it. I have two little ones to care for and school to do with my son and 2 ministries to run! To top it off, I can’t drive til March 2016. Ain’t nobody got time for that! This is definitely a journey I never thought I would be on, yet here I am. I know God has a plan and will bring something beautiful from this mess, but oh man…it’s a struggle.
Despite everything that has been happening this summer, I have continued to work on this blog, just in a behind the scenes kind of way. And I am so excited to announce that over the past few months, I have been putting together an e-book. After months of hard work, it is finally done and it’s ready for you…and it’s FREE!
To celebrate the re-launch of my blog after the craziness of the summer, I am so thrilled to announce that Elf on the Shelf Jesus Style: Biblical Virtues is officially available for FREE! Elf on the Shelf Jesus Style Biblical Virtues is a full 25 day curriculum for the advent season! Focusing on 25 different biblical virtues, you and your child(ren) will combine the magic of Christmas with the truth of Jesus through hands on activities, discussion and scripture.
All you have to do is subscribe to my newsletter and it’s yours!!!
I am truly so excited to get back to blogging and sharing what God has laid on my heart with you!