We live in a small college town, in the middle of nowhere. So I hit the outer road that runs along the interstate (please note, I was not running anywhere near the actual interstate!) I ran 4 miles out and turned around and ran those 4 miles back in. I thought that would be boring, but I actually rather enjoyed it!
|Running along fields the entire time|
Thankfully I hit 4 miles before I had to get any closer to this building. That is Cargill, a meat packing plant. Cows go in, hamburgers come out. And let me just tell you, breathing in dead cow smell while running is not pleasant.
When I did get home, this is what I found waiting for me. Mr. Crazy Hair thought it might be a good idea for him to go out and hit the pavement too, with backwards shoes. Let me know how that works for you, Mr. Crazy Hair.
Things I learned on this run:
- Running in 45 degree temps and no winds > running in 85 degree and 15-20 mph winds
- Kidney stones still suck. My kidney stones returned this weekend after this long run. Running long distance must = kidney stones for me. But it’s not gonna stop me. I will figure out a way to fight these stupid things. My parents were talking to a friend who is a runner and uses drops in his water to prevent kidney stones. I’m so looking into that.
- Gu Energy gel is nasty. I’ve been trying different forms of nutrition for my long runs. Gu Energy does not win. Yuck. Let’s hope this weeks Honey Stinger gummies are better.
- The song Hotel California, for some reason, makes me run faster. Please see mile 5 pace (pictured above) for proof.
- Singing while running is fun. I totally sang Hotel California outloud while running. It was not pretty, but I still did it. And it was fun.
Did you run this past week? How’d it go? Share with us in the comments!