I don’t know about you, but with the zillions of hats I wear, I often find my soul feeling weary. I’m tired. My soul is tired, and in great need of spiritual refreshment. When our hearts become troubled or life feels overwhelming, we need to turn to the One who can give peace that passes understanding.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
7 Ways to Find Spiritual Refreshment
- Devotionals- Just read. Find a devotional on a topic you feel God is leading you to. Find one with no homework involved. Just simply sitting and reading, perhaps with a cup of coffee or your favorite tea. I’ve got a free 5 day Devotional waiting for you right here!
- Prayer Journal- Sometimes just getting your thoughts out on paper can really make a difference. Get a gorgeous journal and sit and write to God. What’s on your mind? What are you struggling with? Just tell Him. He can handle it. When prayers have been answered, praise Him! You may be surprised how much writing can impact your feeling of peace.
- Worship Music- Make a playlist and praise the Lord in song. Even if you don’t think you can carry a tune, there is something powerful about music. Sing and praise Him! God often speaks to me through songs. Perhaps He has something to reveal to you.
- Take a walk- Get out in nature. Enjoy God’s beautiful creation. Pray on your walk, and be alone with the Lord.
- Color or make art- Studies show that adult coloring is very relaxing. There are so many bibles and christian themed coloring books to choose from. If you don’t like coloring, then use whatever form of art you love. Create something as an act of worship.
- Read the Bible- Simply sit and read the Scriptures. Even a few verses can leave you feeling refreshed. God’s word is living and has the power to change hearts and lives.
- Do a Bible Study- I love digging into scripture, but I am also the oddball that likes homework. I love doing bible studies and writing my thoughts/reflections/answers into a bible study journal. It is what most refreshes me. If you are type A like me, you may find yourself loving bible studies too.
As a busy mom, chronic illness sufferer and entrepreneur, I often find myself feeling weary. Right now, I am going through this gorgeous 12 day study, Restored and Renewed. This scripture based bible study and journal is a powerful reminder that God’s grace is abundant and in Him, I can find peace that I so desperately seek.
How do you find spiritual refreshment?